Hello and Welcome to the Threos Operating System project site!
Threos is a microkernel operating system designed from the ground up for our needs.
Features and design goals:
- Modular and object oriented designed
- Multitasking multi-threading real time operation
- Single virtual address space with memory management protection
- On demand loading and relocation
- Dynamically linked libraries
- Message based and shared memory based inter-process communication
- Supports a commonly used subset of the POSIX
- 32-bit and 64-bit aware
- Small memory footprint
- Package manager
- And many many more...
You can find here the latest news, updates, documentation and information about our system.
Update on Pre-Alpha Threos Release + pre-installed images
In the past half year we added features, ported applications (GCC,nano,…), killed BUGS, and we are closer to bring back the ARM port.
Also there are pre-installed images available to download: one image with just the basic packages (smaller image) and one image with most of the available packages installed.
Pre-Alpha Threos Release
The first x86_64 Pre-Alpha version of the Threos Operating System is available in the Downloads.
Welcome to the Threos Operating System development blog!